strength × conditioning × mobility
In the heart of NYC's Financial District, blocks from the South Street Seaport and right near one of the largest and most convenient train stations in the city, DiSalvo Performance Training's digs are peacefully and privately housed on Maiden Lane. The best in low-tech: from barbells and kettlebells to sandbags and medicine balls: we have all you'll ever need to perform your best.
Current Schedule / Offers
Blog / Articles
Alex is a DiSalvo Performance Training alumni, professional jiu jitsu athlete and owner of Masterskya in Brooklyn. He used the nutrition coaching program to great success to get on weight and performing top notch for EBI7: The Featherweights.
Rehan Muttalib is a multiple title holder in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, with European & Pan Am Championships to his credit, and is a brown belt under Cobrinha Charles. On top of his athletic accomplishments, he's also a full time Resident M.D. in Myrtle Beach, SC. Since starting with DiSalvo Performance Training, he's had remarkable body composition changes and strength gains that you can read more in depth about here.
Mark DiSalvo, BA, CSCS
I believe in two ideas when it comes to training, health, and life in general:
- Those who work hard are rewarded with inspiration and success
- That when you "know the way broadly, you will see it in all things."
The famous Mushashi quote can be applied to anything. Learn something in one discipline and you'll see similar patterns in your life. I strive to help you make those connections through mobility and strength training.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) from the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Steve Maxwell Certified Kettlebell Instructor (Levels 1 & 2)
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Blue Belt under Marcelo Garcia
- Published in Onnit, SELF Magazine.
- Host of Functional Meatheads training podcast
- Graduate of Northeastern University