strength × conditioning × mobility
Move better. Breathe better. Live better.
When you just aren’t feeling physically well, or you’re having trouble advancing in whatever it is you do, a lack of mobility may be to blame.
Mobility and breathing will help unglue you from excessive sitting, build championship level endurance in sport, and make you stronger than you ever imagined you could be.
But let's start simple:
Take a deep breath and see how it feels.
Better? Good. Keep it up.
It's that easy.
In the heart of NYC's Financial District, blocks from the South Street Seaport and right near one of the largest and most convenient train stations in the city, DiSalvo Performance Training's digs are peacefully and privately housed on Maiden Lane. The best in low-tech: from barbells and kettlebells to sandbags and medicine balls: we have all you'll ever need to perform your best.
Current Schedule / Offers
Blog / Articles
Alex is a DiSalvo Performance Training alumni, professional jiu jitsu athlete and owner of Masterskaya in Brooklyn. He used the nutrition coaching program to great success to get on weight and performing top notch for EBI7: The Featherweights.
Dan Gutin is a father, husband and jiu jitsu competitor who most recently won a silver medal in his weight class at the 2017 IBJJF No-Gi Pan Ams after dropping 30lbs.
Mark DiSalvo, BA, CSCS
I believe in two ideas when it comes to training, health, and life in general:
- Those who work hard are rewarded with inspiration and success
- That when you "know the way broadly, you will see it in all things."
The famous Mushashi quote can be applied to anything. Learn something in one discipline and you'll see similar patterns in your life. I strive to help you make those connections through mobility and strength training.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) from the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Steve Maxwell Certified Kettlebell Instructor (Levels 1 & 2)
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Blue Belt under Marcelo Garcia
- Host of Functional Meatheads training podcast
- Graduate of Northeastern University